We love championing exciting brands
What We Do? We help share your bright ideas.
In today’s crowded business market, companies – whether big or small – are competing more than ever to deliver their message. As companies launch all kinds of advertising and marketing campaigns to lure consumers, it becomes more difficult for one message to stand out.
Additionally, the increasing cost of marketing a new product or service makes it critical for a company to come up with an efficient strategy to promote its business. Companies utilize corporate branding in order to bring out their message effectively and efficiently.
Why Promotional Products are Effective Marketing Tools
1. They provide extended brand exposure. Unlike a traditional advertisement, promotional products are difficult to miss. A tote bag with your logo will surely get more attention than a newspaper ad and your clients will be able to get repeated use out of it.
2. They’re valuable. Flyers have become less effective means of marketing because they are often ignored and thrown away. Promotional items like t-shirts or stress balls aren’t likely to get tossed because they are more like gifts than advertisements.
3. Present your brand in a creative personal way. Billboards, radio spots, newspaper advertisements, and television commercials are fine, but they’re not exactly original. Promotional products are not only more creative but also more tangible to customers.
4. A smart low cost & high ROI investment. Any experienced marketer can tell you about the high costs of traditional marketing methods. Promotional items are available in such a wide variety of shapes and sizes that there is something for any budget (even if it’s just a key chain).
How Promotional Products are used for Marketing
1. To generate brand awareness. Promo items quickly spread the word about your business. People love free gifts and samples, and clients are likely to tell their friends about the personalized merchandise you distributed with your friendly slogan!
2. To commend a job well done. Employees deserve rewards for their hard work and dedication, and high-ticket promotional products like desk awards can improve morale and reinforce loyalty.
3. To say “thank you”. Sending follow-up emails to clients is always smart, but giving a high-quality promotional item is even better. When you send a gift like a photo calendar after a big sale, you can bet that you’ll see some repeat business.
4. To use as coupons and special offers. Many businesses print coupons on promotional pens or offer t-shirts that entitle customers to discounts. There’s no limit to what you can do if you get creative with your promo items.
5. To organize a giveaway with prizes. By using your own custom merchandise as prizes, you’ll give winners what they want while exposing your brand at the same time!
6. To provide exclusive gifts to members. Membership fees are standard for numerous clubs and organizations, and many people are reluctant to pay them. Giving an exclusive promotional product as a member gift may encourage people to join.
7. To raise money for charity. Non-profit organizations and charities often hold fundraisers and auctions. Make yourself known by donating a high-end promotional item or a fancy gift basket; the cause will gain funds, you’ll gain exposure, and the customer will receive a memorable gift.
How to Distribute your Promotional Products
1. Bulk mailings. Direct mail is still one of the most effective marketing mediums because it puts your message straight into customers’ hands. You’ll need potential clients’ names and addresses to pull this off, though, because mail addressed to “Current Resident” always ends up in the round file. Also, don’t forget to pre-calculate your shipping costs!
2. Personalized pencils or magnets may work just fine, but finding the right way to anchor your message will remind your clients of your shared values and your brand’s value proposition.
3. Trade shows, expos, and conventions. Trade shows usually have a wide variety of attendees from different career fields, which means there are ample opportunities to market your company and drum up new clients. There tends to be a lot of competition at conventions so you should work hard to customize a stand-out promo item that will draw interest.
4. Conferences and meetings. Conferences are excellent resources to market to others within your industry, and meetings give you the chance to meet face-to-face with customers. Give participants a personalized gift for attending your seminar and you’ll boost your brand.
5. Grand openings, holiday parties, and special events. People get excited about social gatherings, and it’s easy to strike up a conversation with potentially interested clients. Market your business by giving away custom-shaped stress relievers at the grand opening or year-end party that are good for an exclusive discount on their next visit, and you’ll have people lining up around the block to shop with you.
Team FX to bring about innovative ideas, brand marketing collateral, event promotions, training material and more....why because we love sharing great ideas and promoting amazing businesses.